Image Map

June 29, 2013

Saturday Snapshots

I told you I have been thoroughly enjoying myself with Bloglovin', finding all kinds of new blogs to follow. Another I found is Miss Nelson's Got the Camera. LOVE the name! This blogger loves to take pictures and boy does she take beautiful snapshots! I'm envious. Her new motto is...

We do not remember the day, we remember the moments.

Ah, so true! So wonderful! So inspiring! So I decided then and there, even though I am no photographer, to link up with Miss Nelson's new linky: Saturday Snapshots. The three snapshots I'm including today are those moments.


This first snapshot is probably my favorite of all time. The subject, DaisyMae, is also a particular favorite of mine as well. I just love how the camera caught the light around her, making it look almost ethereal, angelic... and my family will tell you Miss Daisy is anything but angelic. This snapshot was taken about twelve years ago with my first digital camera, the kind that folded up into nothing and could hang on a keychain. She was sitting on my lap watching a fly swoop around the room.


This second snapshot was taken more than 40 years ago with a Brownie camera with a pop-in flash bulb. Anyone remember those? I was only ten years and had received the camera for my birthday. I was the official photographer for  my sister's wedding. Not a bad shot from a ten year old, eh? Notice the border edges? Anyone remember those?



The last snapshot is not one that I took, and it is not one that I remember, but it is one of my favorites- my mom and me. The black and white will give you a bit of a clue to its age... sigh!


Happy Saturday,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

5 comments:

  1. Aww I love your snapshots. Thanks for linking up. Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh the Brownie camera....we're dating ourselves! What a great collection of photos to share!
    Lori

    Life in Room 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love that your first photo was of Daisy! I'd just told my husband that Nala has a blogging friend named Daisy... went to your page, and there she was!

    What a cool linky- I'll have to remember it next week!

    x Serena x
    Link

    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three sweet friends, I am sending apologies. I accidentally deleted your comments during moderation. I was checking comments on my mini-tablet with my large fingers and instead of tapping "publish" I tapped "delete". GONE! I did read the comments and they were sweet and encouraging! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!