Image Map

June 30, 2013

July Currently

I just love the Currently linky hosted by Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade! If you're not yet a part of it, head on over and link up. It's a great way to meet tons of wonderful education bloggers.


Here's my July currently:



LISTENING: It has been muggy and rainy here for the past ten days. Everything and everyone is moist! YUCK! I've been running my fan and my window A/C constantly, along with the dehumidifier in the basement. Can't wait to see next month's electric bill! However, I am not really complaining because six months ago I was freezing my backside off, stuck in the house because of foot and half of the white stuff in my yard... soooooo, bring on the heat but could I please have some sunshine with it?

LOVING: Need I say anything?

THINKING: I got a phone call last week from my principal who explained to me a major scheduling problem he was having and asked me ever so nicely if I would teach eighth grade English. What was I thinking when I said YES? I've been consumed with reading the ELA CCSS for gr. 8 and trying to figure out what materials I have on hand, what I can create, etc. I'm actually excited, chiefly because when I had this group of kids in sixth grade, we were a great combination!

WANTING: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Keurig! I have just the single cup unit, but it suits me fine. I can only drink one cup at a time. Last year I discovered the brew over ice beverages Southern Sweet Tea and Hazelnut Iced Coffee. This year is lemonade! I've gone through two boxes and that's in only a little more than two weeks. I'll be broke by the end of summer if I keep up this pace. LOL!

NEEDING: I sit at this darn ole computer toooooooo much! I need to get up and move, go for a walk or something! The exercise would help my arthritic knees, BUT what am I doing right now? Yep! See what I mean?

TIPS, TRICKS, OR HINTS: I have a tendency to start too many projects at once, whether it's in the house, for school, or for TpT. When I focus on just one at a time I get it done more quickly and with less frustration. In the long run I save time by doing one at a time. Now if I could just remember this (she says who has three blog posts begun and two TpT products in process all at the same time).

Happy July,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I do that same thing with projects (and cleaning). I know I tell my kids all the time to "focus" but sometimes I need that reminder too : )
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay wait...I have a Keurig, and I don't know about the lemonade. Am I missing something? Oh, I your tip hit home. I needed that. I will finish a few of my projects. :) *sigh* ;)
    I added you on Bloglovin. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela: Your "tip" had me laughing! I agree with it 100%--but I have three started projects, books, messes in every room! I need to start working on finishing at least one of those things before allowing myself to start anything new. Great advice!
    Good luck with 8th grade English. I sure will miss your 6th grade thoughts and ideas...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on getting just one thing done. I have six blog posts all started right now. I just keep getting great ideas and getting a couple of sentences written so I won't forget. One of these days I'll get going on actually finishing a couple of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three sweet friends, I am sending apologies. I accidentally deleted your comments during moderation. I was checking comments on my mini-tablet with my large fingers and instead of tapping "publish" I tapped "delete". GONE! I did read the comments and they were sweet and encouraging! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!