Image Map

June 15, 2013

Fabulous Feedback

I came across this linky hosted by Christina over at  Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge while blog hopping and thought it was absolutely FABULOUS! Our followers and customers take the time to provide us with feedback so it's great to recognize and thank them. I became an instant follower and decided to link up. Thanks, Christina, for hosting this great party!



I've worked very hard at creating teaching items that are easy to implement in a classroom, have a wide variety of uses, require little preparation, and align with the Common Core State Standards. This is one of the first that I developed and continue to offer in my TpT Store: Common Core Task Cards for Informational Text Magazines gr. 6. It has quickly become one of my best sellers.


I actually created these cards with my own students in mind. Our school began implementing the Common Core this past academic year, and I wanted an activity that I could use with them on an individual basis, something that would allow me to track the skills they were acquiring yet still gave them some choice as to what they would do. I use Time for Kids Magazine with my sixers; however, I realized that other teachers used various other classroom magazines. While creating these cards I was conscious of this and tried to keep the activities general enough for any type of classroom periodical.

When November15 left feedback about students who needed the extra practice with the CCSS skills and pjfarr left feedback regarding the use of SCOPE magazine, I felt I had met my goal. I really appreciated their remarks! Each brought a smile to my face and encourages me to continue working hard at creating useful teaching materials. 

So if November15 and pjfarr will please email me at teachersdesk@yahoo.com, I will be happy to provide you with a similarly priced product from my TpT store for free as a thank you for the feedback that you provided.

Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!