Image Map

April 28, 2014

Monday Made It

I'm squeaking in, just under the wire, to join Tara's April Monday Made It linky!


I hadn't really planned on joining Tara this month; I really didn't have anything to make. That is, until someone gave me a Flip video camera.


Yes, it's a camera that is out of style! However, this was brand new, still in the box, never been used! I used it for the first time to video a special lesson completed by my student teacher at the beginning of the month. It was SUPER simple! However, when it came to working with the actual video, it became a little tricky.

I chose to not install the accompanying FLIP software and utilize what I already had on my computer. After downloading the raw video, I found it was in .mp4 format... sigh! All my video editing software utilzes .avi or .wav format. Soooo, I had to convert the video. For this task, I use FreeMake Video Converter... user friendly and as its name says... FREE!

Next I imported the converted video into Windows Movie Maker, added some transitions, a title page, and credits, clicked FINISH, and within a few minutes an awesome video was created!

Now for today's MADE IT: a video of my fifth and sixth graders rehearsing for our school spring program. I shot the video at school this afternoon, then created the video while cooking dinner. Please notice the chandeliers hanging above the students. These are the Dale Chihuly replica projects I blogged about HERE. Our art teacher will be hanging more of them tomorrow morning.


I am VERY happy with how my video turned out, and I'm VERY, VERY happy with how my kiddos' program is shaping up. I can't wait for the performances tomorrow afternoon and evening. I wish you could see and hear them in person.

Don't forget to visit Tara's blog, Fourth Grade Frolics to read more Monday Made Its!



1 comment:

  1. Digital Media Converter is a good free audio video converter software that converts every type of media file. No adware, and completely virus free. Supports almost any file format and it is a fast converter.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!