Image Map

April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Writing Prompts FREEBIE

When I first started blogging there was a fun linky party called Throwback Thursday. I really enjoyed reading all the OLD posts that bloggers would share. And lately on Facebook I've been seeing loads of Throwback Thursday posts with all kinds of OLD pictures, and I'm really enjoying all of them... quite a few have brought a chuckle or two to yours truly! This got me thinking... a somewhat dangerous activity. I decided that each Thursday I was going to share a throwback post or photo here at The Teacher's Desk 6.

First up, a throwback photo, circa 1984. It was a beautiful sunny day in late May and we were outside for gym class. Don't laugh too hard! I was rockin' the style of the day.



Now for a post dating from Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Writing FREEBIE

I've been sorting through all the files in my Downloads and Documents folders, trying to gain some semblance of organization. I say "SOME" because it's very little. I've made some progress, but there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds... you get the picture... of files. I have soooooo many teaching ideas that I will NEVER have the time to be able to use all of them. Thus, I'm trying to find the best of the best. The only problem is: THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

I have visited blogs for several years and borrowed loads of terrific freebies, purchased many paid items, and created many of my own. Here's something I found that I had started working on a LONG time ago, updated last summer but had never finished. I was planning on using this with my sixth grade class this year, however that never happened. It will for next year though!

I quickly put it all together, popped it into my new USE THIS SOON folder (yes I actually named it that), and then thought... Why not share it? So I am.


This is a packet of 26 picture prompts to inspire your students to write stories, poems, news articles, etc. I recently aligned the prompts to the CCSS ELA for Grade Six. I use these types of prompts on a regular basis (I have another packet of these plus a pinterest board), projecting them on a Smartboard or a large screen TV during Language Arts workshop, when the kiddos write, read, work on leveled spelling units, complete task cards, et al. If you'd like the picture prompts, you can click on the above graphic, or right HERE.

================================================

Perhaps you'll join in the fun and do a little THROWBACK on your blog or in a comment below. I'd love to see what you'd share.

I'm linking up my writing freebie with Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday. Be sure to hop over there for loads of teaching freebies offered by wonderful teacher bloggers.


Freebie Fridays
I'm also linking up my writing freebie with Classroom Freebies for Manic Monday. Hop over there as well for even more teaching freebies offered by wonderful teacher bloggers.



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

3 comments:

  1. This post idea is big fun! I love your throwback picture!! Thank you for the picture prompts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea, Angela! I love the picture :)

    And thanks for the freebie - I am always looking for ways to get my kiddos excited about writing - and build their stamina at the same time! This looks like a perfect way to get them started :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up this week at Classroom Freebie's Manic Monday and my TBA Freebie Friday! This is just terrific! I graduated in 1984, still ♥love everything about it! :)
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!