Image Map

July 4, 2014

Five for Friday; Happy Fourth!

I'm sharing FIVE on this FOURTH! Happy holiday to all my U.S. bloggy friends and followers and happy Friday to one and all!


I was thrilled early in the week when to my surprise I saw this when I visited Teachers Pay Teachers. I had never seen my store on the front page before. There I am on the bottom left! LOVE it!



Poor Miss Daisy did not feel well again this week, sneezing and sneezing. 


Last month she had had a problem with a bad tooth, actually one of her upper fangs which had broken off several months ago and was infected. Sneezing is a symptom of a tooth infection in a cat.  Off to the vet we went where she was treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. It seemed to do the trick but the infection began to flare up again this past weekend so off to the vet we went again. Because of her advanced age, the doctor wants to try to treat her with the drugs, hoping that the piece of tooth that still remains causing the infection will eventually fall out. I'm hoping this is the last trip we have to take for this tooth for if there is another, we may be looking at surgical extraction.

Daisy (on the right), feeling MUCH better already,  is ready to take on Lulie.

As soon as I finish this post and publish it, I'm off to the kitchen to make my famous chili. It's probably the best dish that I make. I know it's a strange one to have for the Fourth of July, but we've all had a hankering for it. Thank goodness the weather is cooperating and it's really cool here in NE Ohio today, a perfect day for chili!



About two weeks ago I blogged about Jamberry nails and how I really was enjoying them.

Two weeks ago

I was promised that they would last a LONG time, but I was skeptical... not any more!

Yesterday

Notice that the polish is chipping away though! I do have to admit that I had to remove two of the wraps on my right hand. The Jamberry wraps were fine, but I had smashed two of my nails moving furniture. I removed the wraps, filed down my nails, and polished them to match.

NEWSFLASH: Mark your calendars for July 17, 2014, at 9:00 pm EST. You are invited to a Facebook Jamberry party... more info. and sign-up coming in a few days.





Finally, if you haven't entered my super fun Teacher T-Shirt giveaway, hurry and do so. The giveaway ends on July 8, 2014. Click HERE for more details and to enter. GOOD LUCK!

Before you leave, be sure to visit Doodlebugs for more Five for Friday posts where you'll be able to catch up on the world of teacher bloggers!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- I am so happy to find someone else that saves screenshots of things like the TpT board! It amazes me every time I collect a milestone! Love your cats! I currently have three and it's a zoo at my house!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being on the front page of TPT! I hope your Daisy stays healthy. It's always hard to see an animal sick or hurting. It makes me realize how attached I am. Pets are the best!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your TPT cover!!!! Things like that always make my day!!! I am glad your baby is feeling better. Two of mine have had allergy issues this weekend.
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoohoo! Congrats on your TPT cover! I love it when I see people I follow showcased on the front page of TPT. I hope Daisy starts to feel better, poor girl. I have three little pups and hate when one of my "babies" isn't feeling well.

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!