Image Map

December 31, 2013

Good-bye 2013, Hello 2014!

This past year was an interesting one to say the least, especially when it came to the blogging world. I had had a presence on the web for aeons, since late 1996, but it wasn't until early 2013 that I launched The Teacher's Desk 6 blog, an offshoot of a classroom website that I maintain for my parents and students. During this blogging year I've made wonderful bloggy friends, found loads of terrific blogs, and had more fun online than should be allowed.  I'm almost sorry to say...



There is always a set of Top 10 lists that are posted at this time of the year, celebrating all of the year's highlights. However, I am posting a Top 6... the Top Six Blog Posts of the Year!

In this post I admitted my Pinterest addiction, shared a great comprehension graphic organizer based on Pinterest, and invited other teaching pin addicts to peruse my boards. I know that there are loads of teaching pin addicts out there like me since my Pinterest followers swelled from a few hundred to just over 900 after this blog post. LOL!



5. A Peek at My Week and a FREEBIE
This was a jammed pack blog post with everything from a Prezi that I created to what my sixers were reading, including a couple of Greek/Latin Root freebies. Speaking of Prezi's, here's my newest. It's about Literature Circle roles. Perhaps someone might find it useful in 2014.



4. 100 Follower Giveaway


So, so, so much fun! Sooooo many wonderful bloggers who helped me out! It wasn't long after that I reached the 200 follower milestone and held a small giveaway contest. Now I'm slowly creeping toward 300! I can't wait to host my next giveaway!

3. Monday Made It
This was only the second time that I had joined Tara's Monday Made It linky party. I blogged about my beginning of the year student and parent "gifts" and shared a small freebie to help my followers create a simple student gift of their own.



2. Decluttering Provides a Literacy Freebie
I laugh when I read this blog post. It is soooo me.... always complaining about cleaning. A domestic goddess I am not! However, a teacher I am, and one who loves using Literature Circles in her classroom (this is the second time they are mentioned in this post). If you use Literature Circles or are just curious about them, you'll want to visit this particular post and grab the great foldable freebie that I shared. You can use it as a stand alone lesson or as part of an interactive notebook.

... AND THE NUMBER ONE  Most Visited BLOG POST OF 2013...

1. Eating, Drinking, and Linking, Oh My!
I got such a kick out of this being my top blog post. I had joined Christie from Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road for her fun recipe linky, but I am by no means a cook! There are just about a dozen dishes that I prepare well. In this top blog post I shared my family's favorite: Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole (a crockpot recipe). Part of the reason why I got such a kick out of this being the top post is that I made it just yesterday for my family and was eating the leftovers when I started typing this blog post. LOL!

Happy New Year,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

1 comment:

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!