Image Map

December 11, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

I'm so happy to be linking up with Michelle over at Fabulous in First for a fun Christmas, get-to-know-you linky!


Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Without a doubt... hot chocolate, preferably with coffee in it, or is it coffee with hot chocolate in it! YUM!

Does Santa wrap presents of just set them under the tree?
In my house Santa does NOT wrap! Gift bags were the best invention of the 20th century. If it doesn't fit into a bag, Santa finds a bigger bag! LOL!

Colored lights or white?
I alternate years. This is colored light year. Last year was white light year.


When do you decorate?
I usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving at home, but not until the last week before Christmas break at school. We observe Advent at school as long as possible.

Real or Fake tree?
I have no choice: fake! I am terribly allergic to pine. Most of my family is as well so it's fake for all of us.


What tops your tree?
A lighted star that I bought at Dollar Tree (my fav store).

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
Singing, directing the choir(s), playing the bells, and/or playing my flute at Midnight Mass each year from the time I was ten. I have taken a sabbatical from this for the past two years and am getting the itch to return.


Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
Yep, Little Kiddles dolls and clubhouse. I was in fourth grade and Santa brought it to my grandma's house. I can close my eyes and see them in my hands, playing with them for hours and hours!


Giving or Receiving?
Giving! I have nothing I need or want at this stage in my life. I LOVE to give to my grand niece and nephews!

Candy Canes? Yum or Yuck?
Yummy smell! Yucky taste! I'd rather eat chips. LOL!

Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life... I love the line: "Every time a bell rings, and angel gets its wings." I always got a kick out of telling my children's bell choir members that they were angel makers. Some of them are in their thirties and early forties and they still remember this!

Do you shop on line or at stores?
I do NOT shop anywhere but online! I HATE shopping!

Photo cards, letter, or store bought cards?
None, really! I don't send any. I do leave Facebook messages. Does that count?

Be sure you stop by Fabulous in First to read more bloggers' Christmas Questionnaires.

Merry Christmas,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

3 comments:

  1. I agree Dollar Tree is amazing! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A coffee with chocolate is my vote too! With a little whipped cream on top!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely FB messages count! This year we even investigated doing completely digital photo cards that arrive in your inbox ... saves on a lot of postage!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!