Image Map

September 8, 2013

A Peek at My Week and a FREEBIE

Has it really been a week since last I blogged? School has a way of filling up my free-time... however, I wouldn't trade it for the world! Here's a "Peek at My Week" as I'm linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings once again.


This is not a typically busy week for a change, just a regular ho-hum week, nice to have now and then.

On Monday, my kiddos will start their new mentor sentences and receive new spelling words. I'm "catching up" both fifth and sixth grade with Latin/Greek roots as they had not been exposed to them in fourth grade and this is now a CCSS requirement. Last week we worked on AQUA; this week PHOTO. We're doing a Making Words activity each week and a definition foldable. Grab them below by clicking on the pics if you'd like to use them. This week's secret word is PHOTOSENSITIVE.




I'm looking forward to Tuesday as my sixers will start reading "I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic" by Lauren Tarshis. Although this is really a fourth grade level book, I promised them last year that we'd read this book come fall. It had been featured at our book fair last spring and I was able to get enough free copies for the entire class to read.  I created a Prezi to help us connect nonfiction with the fiction of the novel so that we are meeting the CCSS for Reading for gr. 6. Check it out below.


Thursday is actually my last day of the week. I'm taking a personal day on Friday so I'll have to make sure that I leave detailed plans for my sub and clean off the top of my desk... sigh! I won't be able to find anything when I return. LOL!

On Friday I'm heading to Alliance to spend the day with one of my all time favorite people, my former pastor who is a dear, dear friend. I miss him horribly! He was with us for almost ten years and got transferred two years ago when our diocese began downsizing. A friend and I are leaving early in the morning so we can get as much time in with Fr. Joe as we possibly can. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!



Saturday will be a day to throwback and relax and get my weekly lesson planning done since I'll be busy on Sunday. Our school is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. Every few weeks there are special activities and worship services being held in celebration. This coming Sunday is an anniversary Mass and brunch honoring all the alumni. I'll once again be leading the singing at Mass.

I'm looking forward to my week and looking forward to peeking at yours so make sure you link up also with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings.

Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teachers' Desk 6




Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Freebie Fridays

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a fun and busy week. My 4th graders love the I Survived Series. I actually just picked up two copies of the newest book in the series.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always do a big Titanic unit in the spring and this is one of the books we read. The students are always mesmerized by everything Titanic. I know it will go well for you!

    Thanks for linking up. Have a great week (and a good visit with your pastor!)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you are doing for greek and latin roots! Anything to make vocabulary fun is very helpful for them and they love foldables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use a foldable! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!

    Linda Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up at Teaching Blog Addict and offering our follower such a terrific freebie! I am your newest Bloglovin' and Facebook follower!
    Please come back tomorrow, 'cause your my *~*Featured Blogger!*~*
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me, Fern! You were one of the first bloggers that I began following when I discovered bloggy land a few years back. I am so excited to be your Featured Blogger. I've been enjoying all the Friday Freebies and having fun sharing some of mine. HOW FUN!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

      Delete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!