Image Map

April 17, 2013

Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday: Recipes Perfect for Teachers

I never seem to have enough time! I'm not complaining. I LOVE teaching but it is time-consuming. I can NOT believe that I actually worked two jobs for many years! That stopped shortly after my mom died. She lived with me after dad died so I was blessed to have her take care of me, cooking and doing my laundry, and all the mom-things that we kids take for granted. When she passed, I had to clean and cook for myself. HORRORS! With no time, I found myself eating out or eating fast food all too, too much and that is definitely NOT good. So what to do? I starting Pinteresting for one thing.

Over the past two years I have amassed an awesome collection of quick, easy recipes. If a recipe calls for too many ingredients or too much preparation (as in more than 15 minutes of getting things ready) FORGET IT! Many are casseroles that I can prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven when I get home from school, whatever time that is. A lot of my recipes are made in the crock pot. I dump everything into it before leaving for school. When I come home dinner is ready and the house smells divine!

A few of my favorite pins are the one for the chicken, tater tots, and cheese crockpot dish. My family (nieces and nephews) beg me to make this so they all can come for dinner. It's almost a weekly event. Check out the pin for making your mixes. I whip up the salad dressing mix for all my family and several friends on a regular basis. It's as good, if not better, than store purchased mix. There are several fun recipes for classroom treats also. Enjoy looking through my recipe board. Betcha find several pins for yourself!





Happy Pinning,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

4 comments:

  1. I love your Pinteresting Wednesday and I can't wait to try some of your recipes...I get so tired of our 'family favorites' and need some new ones!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fern! I hope you find some new "family favorites" on my recipe board. There are some really yummy dishes there. I love pinning new EASY recipes. Sometimes I sit for hours. Never thought I'd become so domesticated. LOL!

      Have a great week,
      Angela

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the link up. I absolutely love crock pot meals! It's so wonderful to come home to dinner all ready to eat. I'll have to check out your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amanda! Enjoy searching through my recipe pins. I hope you find some crockpot yummies! A really GOOD one is the Oriental beef broccoli. My family ate everything the night I made that one, not a left-over, not even a bite.

      Have a great day,
      Angela

      Delete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!