April 14, 2013

Earth Day FREEBIE Writing Prompt

There have been MANY wonderful Earth Day ideas and activities posted for sale and offered for free on all the blogs that I frequent... and I frequent A LOT! I am astounded by the variety. From poetry to math and research to craftivity all are terrific!

Because Earth Day falls during our testing time this year, I won't be doing much with my sixers. Heck, I won't see them much except for testing that whole week!!! I will be doing some combined Science (we're studying alternate forms of energy, renewable/non-renewable energy sources) and some Persuasive Letter Writing, however. The activity is part of my Paragraph a Week program that I've blogged about previously. Of the original 100 PaW topics (approx.) I have about 30 reformatted. I'm estimating a completion date of late summer 2013... I hope! Until then I'll share a few of the topics.

If you're interested in the Earth Day prompt, it can be downloaded HERE or by clicking the link below the graphic.


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
http://www.classroomfreebies.com/2013/04/welcome-to-manic-monday-at-classroom_15.html


Happy Earth Day,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie!!! :)

    I have yet to teach persuasive writing to my 5th graders-I know, I know. :)

    P.S. I am going to try for the first time to put my hyperlink below. :) May not work!

    Shannon
    I Run Read Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Shannon! Isn't it fun learning new things about blogging and web pages? After almost twenty years of inter-netting I still get excited!

    Have a great week, my bloggy friend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!