Image Map

March 7, 2013

Mystery Picture Parts of Speech FREEBIE

My sixers love them! Mystery pictures! I first used them years ago when I taught math for a brief stint. I had an OLD packet of color-by-number math sheets that took the drudge out of routine computational work. When I no longer taught math, I passed the packet on to the math teacher who, by the way, never used the sheets.

I saw these mystery pictures again this past Christmas. Only instead of a math orientation, they were designed for students to practice parts of speech. And they were aligned with the Common Core State Standards. YES, right up my alley! I purchased a few sets on Teachers Pay Teachers and presented them to my fifth and sixth grade Language Arts students. They were a hit! The kiddos asked for more.

Instead of returning to Teachers Pay Teachers for more, I decided to try my hand at creating my own Mystery Pictures. I came up with a few that were quite acceptable and a bit more challenging than those that I had purchased. My sixers were impressed so I offered them at my own TpT store and they've been selling nicely ever since! Especially my Angry Birds Mystery Picture. Check it out HERE. With this one being so popular, I've been developing yellow and blue angry birds and a green piggy mystery picture for parts of speech. They will be ready in a few days and will be available for purchase in my TpT Store.

The luck of the Irish touched me and I got into the holiday spirit so I developed several mystery pictures for St. Patrick's Day. These are offered separately and as a bundle in my TpT store. They feature a leprechaun, a leprechaun's hat, and a rainbow. You can view them in my store window to the right of this post. I also created a pot of shamrocks and have decided to offer it as a FREEBIE! This Language Arts mystery picture features VERBS: helping/linking, present tense, past tense, and future tense. You can download it HERE or by clicking on the link below the picture.


Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

Freebie Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the *freebie*. My kiddos love any kind of color by code activity. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over for a visit when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following The Teacher's Desk 6. Drop me a line and please let me know how your students like the FREEBIE. Our fourth graders will be doing it this week, and I'll be using it with my fivers.

      Not sure if you saw the blog post about the Angry Birds Parts of Speech Mystery Pictures. I'm offering a choice of any one of the Mystery Pictures for any one who follows my blog or leaves a comment. You get your choice. Let me know which one you'd like and I'll email it to you.

      http://teachersdesk6.blogspot.com/2013/03/come-and-play-angry-birds-read-to.html

      I visited your blog. WOW! What a collection of great ideas. The teachers in my building have begun using my blog as a source for finding good teacher blogs. I will DEFINITELY be sure that the primary teachers find Heather's Heart. I added your button to my sidebar and your link to my Favorite Blogs. They, too, will love it!


      Happy Teaching,
      Angela
      The Teacher's Desk 6

      Delete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!