Image Map

November 3, 2015

November Pinterest Pick 3 plus FREEBIE

It's that time... time for a pinterest party!

 
The pins that I selected for you this month all deal with reading and writing; some even have a holiday/fall flair to them. At the end of this blog post, after the link up you'll find a little pinterest FREEBIE that I created several years ago (I am a pinterest fiend so I had to get my students pinning also). If you teach middle school language arts, you'll want to be sure to find it.
 
 
Just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pin brought to you by Third Grade Thinkers. Isn't this a fun, clever way to utilize autumn leaves?
 
 Click on the pic to view the pin.
 
 
 
 
I really enjoy using poetry with my middle school language arts students. I try to include some type of poetry each week, whether I read to them or they do the actual reading. It is a quick and engaging way to teach MANY language arts concepts, particularly figurative language. This pin features the Thanksgiving poems of Jack Prelutsky (which I was able to find online with a quick search, no need to purchase a book) and is a FREEBIE offered by Jessica from Notes from the Portable.
 
Click on the pic to view the pin.
 
 

 
 I am really excited about this last pin. It features a video by Musings from the Middle School with great ideas for teaching writing to middle schoolers. 
 
Click on the pic to view the pin.

 



 
 
Remember I said that I was a PINTEREST FIEND? I can get lost on Pinterest for DAYS HOURS! My kiddos make fun of me, knowing that many of my new ideas that I use in class I found on Pinterest. SO.... I had to involve them with Pinterest also. Here's a fun little way to incorporate reading, citing text evidence, and Pinterest all in one! You can download your FREEBIE HERE.




4 comments:

  1. Hey Angela, these were three great pins- and I teach down in kinder, so they stretch multi-age for sure. Thanks for post! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing that writing pin for a while now myself. LOVE IT! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love that writing idea with the leaves. How clever, and what a cute display! Thanks for sharing :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the art projects! The poems look wonderful too! Thank you so much for sharing your pins and linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!