Image Map

October 27, 2013

Peek at My Week and Pin It to Win It Winner

I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for a Peek at My Week.


This week starts the beginning of the second quarter. That means I have grades to finalize and report card comments to file by Tuesday evening. Actually, I should have all that done by Monday afternoon. For once I'm a little ahead of schedule.

This week also starts writing workshop for grades 5 and 6. During the first quarter I focus primarily on reading strategies and mentor sentences (ways to communicate, elaborate, and engage through our writing), using a bit of a more traditional approach. Now I'll institute my version of the writing process along with peer conferencing.

I'll also start introducing Literature Circles in grs. 5 and 6, and the eighth graders will enter their text book for the first time (we had used two novels for the first quarter) with the short story "The Tell Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe. This is a BIG week for learning..... and for fun.

It's Halloween, so that means the annual costume parade and party... followed by All Saints' Day Mass the next day. That means my sixers will have songs to learn since they help me lead the music at our worship services. LOTS to do but I love it that way!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

And now... time for the Pin It to Win It Winner!



There were six entrants in my Birthday Pin It Giveaway. Using a random number generator, entrant No. 1 was the winner of my Bundle of Six Halloween Scoot Activities! 

Congratulations to Cherie! I've emailed the bundle to her just in time for Halloween. 

Have a great week,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

3 comments:

  1. Ughhhh....it's report card time for me too!!

    Wishing you a productive week!

    Thanks for linking up,
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh....it's report card time for me too! (Unfortunately I am NOT ahead of the game this year.)

    Have a great week & thanks for linking up!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I hope you have a great week also and that you get your report cards completed with little pain:)

      Delete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!