Image Map

October 19, 2013

Five for Friday (on Saturday again), more SCOOT, a FREEBIE, and a PIN IT PARTY!

WARNING: This is a rather long post. I promise if you read to the end you'll find some goodies and some fun!

It's time to link up again with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday (even though it's Saturday... I just can't seem to get it done for Friday anymore!).

FIRST.... We had a temporary sixth grade student this week:Watson, the Great Dane. Watson belongs to one of my sixers and is only seven months old. He's got a whole lot of growing yet to do. The kiddos fell in love with him and he with them!


SECOND... My sixers fell in love with SCOOT! Last week I played SCOOT with  my eighth grade English students. This week we played Halloween Clauses and Phrases SCOOT in sixth grade Language Arts... the kids couldn't get enough.




THIRD... My fivers fell in love with SCOOT We played Halloween Types of Sentences SCOOT in fifth grade Language Arts. They, too, could not get enough of it and begged for more!





FOURTH... Both my fifth and sixth grade Language Arts students have been working on elaborating their writing. We have been focusing on Mentor Sentences from the literature we are reading and analyzing what authors do to make writing interesting and engaging. We also have been discussing the importance of planning ahead for writing, brainstorming techniques. One technique is simply creating word or idea lists. Here's a little FREEBIE for you that I use with my students called TAKE THREE. This one is for October. We were supposed to work on this in class on Friday in preparation for paragraph writing; however, Watson and the Bishop (he celebrated Mass with us) took precedence, so this will be Monday's assignment instead.

FIFTH... Since my kiddos love SCOOT so much, and I love making the activity just as much, I've been going batty creating loads of Halloween and Fall SCOOT activities and adding them to my TpT Store. They have been frighteningly successful this past week, so I know that you like SCOOT as much as I do! I bundled six of my Halloween Scoot packs together and am offering them at a reduced cost (by bundling you save $3.00)... a treat for you just in time for the upcoming holiday! 


Because my birthday is coming up later this week and because I am lovin' SCOOT sooooo much, let's have a little Pin It to Win It Party in celebration! Here's what you do...

1. Click on the SCOOT bundle above and visit its listing in my TpT Store.
2. Pin the bundle listing on Pinterest.
3. Return here and leave a blog comment in which you include the address of your pin. If you are a "no reply" blogger, please make sure that you also include an email address at which I can contact you in case you win!
4. Wait until the evening of October 26, 2013 when a winner will be selected using Random Number Generator... the number of the post matching the number generated will be sent Halloween SCOOT Bundle of Six Scoot Games via email that same evening. That's it... scary easy!

Speaking of scary... if you have Halloween items or ideas that you have blogged about, be sure to add them to my Halloween Linky Party so we can scare up a whole lot of great holiday ideas in one place.


Happy Halloween,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6


Freebie Fridays


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

7 comments:

  1. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/316096467567301124/

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my pin - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/300544975104212620/

    Happy early birthday!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/93590498479709967/

    kmhteacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These task cards look great! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/237142736602099860/
    Thank you for the opportunity to win!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like tons of fun. Heather
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/368239707002950158/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my pin. I would love to win this!
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teacherspayteachers.com%2FProdu

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!