Image Map

January 18, 2014

A Day in the Life...

Amelia from Where the Wild Things Learn has a really fun schedule linky going on...

It never fails to amaze me how similar yet how VERY different teachers' schedules are, especially teachers who teach the same level or subjects that I do. I have really enjoyed reading all the blog posts shared during this linky party, so I decided to join in and share mine.

I teach at a preK-12 Catholic School. Because I am "in the middle" my schedule is tied into the high school schedule. That's why you see the goofy time slots. Some of my eighth graders are enrolled in high school classes, and my sixth graders' Math teacher teaches junior high and ninth grade math classes. Since I teach fifth grade as well, the fifth grade then is also tied into the high school schedule... it trickles down and down... so even third grade is tied into the high school schedule... sigh! It can get to be a nightmare, but I won't go into all that at. I'm just happy that I don't have to figure this all out. LOL!

Here's my schedule; I actually LOVE it! It's streamlined and easy to remember, sort of! I say sort of since there are those wacky times to try and remember. I'm generally so busy teaching that I don't clock watch (our bell system is currently inactive... power failure and the subsequent return surge knocked it out) and just wait for the next class to be outside my door.


Happy Teaching,
Angela,
The Teacher's Desk 6

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of that 2:!5 dismissal time! School days are so long here!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!