Image Map

July 12, 2013

Pins, Podge, Products


Modpodge... LOL! This is such a popular product today and popular in lots of blog posts of late.  I really chuckle each time I see the product. Besides the silly sounding name, there are some silly memories behind the product. When I was in junior high and high school, ModPodge was all the rage. It was sold everywhere. We made all kinds of goofy items, usually collage based (covering glasses or pieces of wood with magazine cut-outs) and we would protect and preserve them with ModPodge. ModPodged tchotkes were EVERYWHERE!

Then the product basically dropped out of sight. The only place you could purchase it was in a craft store and some of them didn't carry it either. Nearly 40 years later it's back. Goes to prove-- What goes around, comes around! I just pinned an item on Pinterest for making your own ModPodge.,, which brings me to the second part of this post. I'm linking up again this week with Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade for Favorite Pins Friday.

Today's first pin is, of course, for the make it yourself ModPodge. How could I not include it? I'm not sure if it works, but I plan on trying it out.


You can visit the original site HERE.

Next up is a pin for a project that I have wanted to complete for months. I've seen this idea pinned multiple times and from many sites all over Pinterest. I bought the notebooks today at Walmart and will work on designing my covers and topics this week.


You can visit the original site HERE.

A third pin I'd like to share this week is of a coffin quilt. I'm sure some of you are wondering what this is. You may already know that I will be teaching a section of 8th grade English this year, something I haven't done in over 25 years. The class had been assigned two novels for summer reading. One of them is called "The Coffin Quilt" by Ann Rinaldi. It's about the Hatfields' and McCoys' famous feud. This is a coffin quilt, a quilt designed as an instrument for recording the deaths of family members.


You can visit the original site HERE.


The last pin for this Friday serves as a reminder that there are only two days left to enter my 100 Followers giveaway. You can win a baker's dozen of terrific teaching products. Hurry and enter before time runs out.


You can visit the original site HERE.

And when you finish entering my giveaway, please visit my sweet bloggy friend Carla at Surviving Sixth and enter her 100 Followers giveaway for another chance at winning MORE terrific teaching products.




Happy Friday,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!