Image Map

November 21, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday November Edition

It's that time...

I CAN NOT BAKE! I do not have the patience nor the grit to follow a recipe, see it through, and clean up all the mess! NOPE! However, I do enjoy the results, so you know all those recipes you see on Facebook? They really do work. I found a series of recipes over the summer that used refrigerator biscuits as the basis for pastry. Check out the mini pot pies made with country style jumbo biscuits as the crust... yummy easy! And that pie down below... oh yeah! DELISH and super easy peasy! Made with cinnamon rolls as the crust. Ha, I really can bake after all!


Those of you who have followed me for a while might recall how I work with a local branch of Kent State's chemistry professor. She invited my students and me to participate in the regional National Chemistry Day science fair. What fun! My students and I hauled our toaster ovens (science tools extrordinaire), rocks, and old crayons 40 miles to the metroparks nature center. There we demonstrated how chemistry rocks by involving visitors in painting hot rocks with wax crayons... super fun and super pretty. Our area of NE Ohio is BIG into the hiding painted rocks craze so this was the perfect exhibit for the day.
And speaking of our mentor chemistry teacher... here she is teaching a lesson about physical properties, chemical changes, and heat.


Normally, I do not dress up for Halloween at school. I do NOT like to dress up, never have, never will. However, I could not resist what our elementary staff decided to wear this year... emojis!!!! I am all the way at the top wearing the MEH emoji. My kiddos said that is the look that I give them when they are trying to make excuses or when they make poor choices. LOL!


I always end the monthly Show and Tell with a snap of my fuzz girls. Here's Lulubelle getting into mischief as usual. My nephew volunteered to assemble my brand new light. She made it a bit more difficult than it should've been. She just couldn't resist the pieces, styrofoam, and plastic bags. SIGH... life with cats is never dull.


 Be sure to stop by Forever in 5th Grade to read more Show and Tell posts by teacher bloggers. It's a great way to keep up with what's happening in the bloggy world of education.





5 comments:

  1. I love that you have that college professor connection! I need one of those for ELA. I may just have to see about that! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an emoji spirit day at school, and I had nothing to wear! Love how you all went with the same theme! And, of course, you have adorable cats! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking baked goods! I don't cook or bake. We have 3 cats, and they do make life interesting! Happy Thanksgiving.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  4. The emoji shirts are so fun!!! Great team building for staff and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have great science activities going on, such fun for your students! Love the Halloween idea! Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!