Image Map

November 2, 2013

Currently... November

It's once again time to link up with Farley over at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for...


Be sure to hop on over to read what's currently going on in the bloggy world!

HERE GOES MINE...

I'm not really LISTENING to the TV at all. It's just on in the background and HGTV "House Hunters" was on the last time I tuned in. When I do stop playing working on the computer I've been glued to the set watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix... sigh... am I really watching this show?

I am LOVING this year's sixth graders! They are just the sweetest bunch! I'd been out sick for two days this week, and they have sent the nicest messages to me on Facebook, some via their parents and older siblings and some themselves. Here's their goofy shot Halloween picture to make me smile and feel better.


Parent conferences are on Thursday afternoon/early evening. I am THINKING about them: THINKING how important they are, THINKING how much I enjoy talking with my students' parents, and THINKING there needs to be a better system for communicating with them instead of this mass role call... ah, if only I were in charge! LOL!

I can't wait... I am WANTING Thanksgiving break to be here pronto! We have from the Wednesday before through the Monday after free from classes. This is our first time off since Labor Day (I did have two days off being sick, but that does NOT count), and I have so much to do around the house that I can NOT wait!!!!!!!!

I am definitely NEEDING to get rid of this cough! It has caused me to miss two days of school and two nights' worth of sleep! ENOUGH already!

A YUMMY PIN... oh yeah! How 'bout an EASY, YUMMY PIN? Just dump a few ingredients in the crock pot and VOILA! Instant YUM! Here's the link to my pin (part of it got cut off in the Currently graphic above): http://www.pinterest.com/pin/188588303119460474/

Click on the picture to go to the actual recipe at Sugar 'n Spicegals



And finally... I've CURRENTLY been working on lots of classroom activities to use for skill practice during the holiday seasons (Halloween through Christmas). I just finished this Thanksgiving SCOOT activity before typing this post. For today only, for just my blog followers, I am offering it as a FLASH Freebie! You can download it from HERE only, and only for today November 2nd, 2013. If you click on the picture below, you'll be taken to the product in my TpT Store. Be sure to click HERE for the freebie offer. If you do scoot away with this product, please, please leave a little message below. I love to know who visited and who might be using my items in their classrooms... thanks!


Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

7 comments:

  1. I am trying to get over a yucky illness, too! I hope you get to feeling better real quick! That cake looks yummmmmmy!

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel better soon, Lindsey! Thank you for the well wishes and for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanksgiving break will come by faster than you think! I hope you feel better soon - having a bad cough stinks!

    JustAnother PBJ Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving break as well. Thank you so much for the freebie. I'm glad I am catching up on my blog reading today so I didn't miss it!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how our students are so caring! Feel better soon! Thank you for sharing your task cards. These will be perfect for next month. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start my fall doses of Airborne. It really works. When I remember to take it or my Vitamin C I don't seem to pick up whatever virus is going around school! As the librarian/computer lab teacher, I see all students in K-8 twice a week. When the coughing starts, it's hard not to get sick. Hope you feel better real soon!
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello blogging buddy! :)
    So sorry to hear that you've been sick - I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!
    Thanks for the task cards - they're AWESOME! My kids are loving all things SCOOT, so this will be the perfect addition to my November binder. Thanks for sharing!
    Your recipe looks auh-maze-ing! My mouth started watering just looking at the picture! Definitely re-pinning that! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!