Image Map

May 28, 2013

Budding Blog

Thanks to Jess over at I{heart}Recess for hosting the May Budding Blog Linky! Lovin' this one since I found a TON of newer blogs to peruse! In order to be part of this linky a blog has to have less than 200 followers.



1. Why did you start blogging?
I have actually been a webhost for MANY years, nearly twenty, in fact. I managed The Teacher's Desk, a website for 5/6th grade teachers. There I had posted 100's of lessons including the original Paragraph a Week program. I tell all about it in my very first ever blog post: The Teacher's Desk... Repurposed and Now Opened. I closed The Teacher's Desk (although you can still visit it via The Wayback Machine) a couple of years ago when I opened The Teacher's Desk 6, a FREE website for my students and parents. This blog is an offshoot of my new website.

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
Probably Language Arts since I've been doing it continuously for 32 years, but my real love is Math. I have loved numbers since I was young. Math was my best subject in school yet I've only taught it for three years out of 33 years.

3. Describe your teaching style.
I have to laugh at this item. I have no particular style. I teach however it works for each class/student. Sometimes I am a lecturer, sometimes a facilitator, sometimes a coach... whatever it takes! I believe that I am a born teacher and am one of those fortunate people to have discovered what she/he was meant to do.

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
a. I am tenacious like a bulldog. I do not EVER give up and do NOT let my students give up.
b. I am a forever learner, a day does not go by that I don't try to consciously learn something new.
c. I have VERY eclectic taste in nearly everything, from music to favorite foods, from clothing style to what I read. I like it ALL!

5. Do you have a TpT store? Yes, I do
The Teacher's Desk 6 Store... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Teachers-Desk-6
And a Teacher's Notebook Shop...http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/teachersdesk6

And speaking of linkies.....

I'm hosting a BRAND NEW linky: School Story. Hop over to THIS BLOG POST to read all about it and join in.





Happy Blogging,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love finding new bloggers to follow. I will for sure check that linky out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Heather. I hope you'll add your school to the School Story linky. I'll be sure to stop by your blog. Have a great day!

      Angela

      Delete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!