Image Map

May 2, 2013

Currently May and May Goals

I've been looking forward to the first of May since last month when I joined Farley's Currently for the first time. I've loved visiting the many blogs (I've added a LOT to my favorites list in the sidebar), gathering ideas, and making some new bloggy friends. I was already to do my May Currently Tuesday, April 30th. THEN, yesterday, May 1st.... didn't I go and fall asleep in my chair. I never got on my computer to link up. Ah well, it's still early in May, so here's my currently! Thanks, Farley, for cookin' up this great idea! LOVIN' IT!!!!!


LISTENING to a fan. What a sweet sound! It's warm, it's not raining, there's no snow in the forecast. I've got flip flops on my feet and Kool Aid in my glass. Life is good!

LOVING my new bathroom. Today it was finally finished, a project I began planning two years ago.


And here it is now...

THINKING about going up to my new bathroom and taking a shower!  I'm obsessed, what can I say?

WANTING summer break to come quickly! I love my sixers, but it's time! I've worked with this batch of kiddos for three years, from fourth grade science through fifth grade Language Arts and then on to sixth grade Science, Religion, Language Arts, and gym. It's time.

NEEDING to get lots of work done: laundry, dusting, vacuuming, practicing my piano (work? hmmm? gotta slide some fun in, right?), painting the kitchen (and a dozen other things)... see why I want summer break to come quickly?

SUMMER BUCKET LIST: I want to read for enjoyment. I want to read everything and anything that does not contain the phrase "Common Core State Standards."

While traveling through the Currently May links I found another great monthly linky over at I {heart} Recess. This one focuses on goals for the month. Oh my, do I need to set some goals! Here goes:


PERSONAL: I need to practice my piano playing more. Last May I was gifted with a beautiful piano; I had wanted one for YEARS! I originally set the goal that I wanted to be able to play the piano at one of our school masses this year... didn't happen... not yet, not this year. I am a musician and every few years I teach myself how to play an instrument. Normally it takes me just a couple of months to learn an instrument well enough to be able to play for mass or in a group of people. The piano is taking me a LITTLE longer. I can play songs, just not fluently... it's as if I have a bit of a stutter. Next school year for sure!

HEALTH: I live alone. I have a BAD habit of not cooking for myself. Instead I'll pick something up... something usually not so healthy. Gotta change!

BLOGGING: I want to be able to plan my posts a week or two ahead of time, get them keyed in, and scheduled! Then I'll be able to visit blogs more frequently and leave some comments. That's most of the fun anyway.

SCHOOL: Plan, plan, plan... it's that time of the year when I get sloppy. After teaching for 32 years... well... you know... bad habits, spring fever.... just like my sixers!!!!

FUN: The most fun I EVER, EVER have is spending time with my family and friends (my family loves my friends and my friends love my family). We laugh, and laugh, and laugh.... what's that old adage? Laughter is the best medicine! You betcha!


Happy May,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6




10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I found you from Farley's Currently link up and I'm your newest follower.

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome and for following my blog. I'm LOVIN' blogging and all the great teachers I've been meeting!

      Have a great day,
      Angela

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Bloggie World. The summer is the best time for it;) I love that new bathroom! I wish we could re-do my hubby's bathroom. We moved in 7 years ago and it needs updating BAD!


    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Deniece! I hope you'll be able to do your remodel. It makes SUCH a difference. Would you believe that the last time my bathroom had been done was back when I graduated from HS, er... like almost 40 yrs. ago. LOL!

      LOVE the name of your blog! I'm gonna enjoy browsing through it!

      Have a great weekend!!!!
      Angela

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Love your bathroom remodel, looks great! I too need to plan ahead better :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jess! I'm tickled I found your blog and the goal linky! I'm thinking ahead to next month already :)

      I shared the concept with my sixers and showed them my goal pic on my blog. They think it's cool! Got them discussing their goals, too!

      Have a great weekend,
      Angela

      Delete
  4. Ohh what a beautiful bathroom - it looks awesome!

    I have a huge list of book-to-read that I hope to tackle this summer - I can't wait! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Enjoy these last weeks before break! AND then... YEA, we get to tackle our lists!

      Have a great weekend,
      Angela

      Delete
  5. I'm new to blogging too! Love your new bathroom! I'm so jealous!!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sarah!
    Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower! I'm off to visit your blog!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!