Image Map

February 28, 2013

Women's History Month

March is hailed as Women's History Month. In celebration of this, I have my sixers complete a mini-research project in which they are required to locate biographical information about ten women. I call it mini-research since they only have to provide a sentence or two of information for each of the women. They also must provide the citations for the webpages from which they gathered their facts. I do review lessons about using internet search engines and the authenticity of information as well as introducing how to properly write internet citations.

When I first began this March activity, it was just this mini-research. As the years have gone on, I've added additional parts to it. In the past I have had my students expand their research into full-fledged, five paragraph or more reports. They have published the reports on a wiki and even created their own webpages. This year I am going to have them create video reports using the website Animoto. They are comfortable with Animoto, having done a book trailer earlier in the year.

I'll be creating some support materials to go along with the project during the next week and offer the complete packet in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. Meanwhile, I'm offering the original mini-research worksheet as a FREEBIE. You can download it HERE or by clicking the link directly below the graphic.


Frame graphic courtesy of The Sweet Berry Patch




Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6
teachersdesk@yahoo.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!