Image Map

February 25, 2013

Paragraph a Week

I wish I had a dime for every email I have received during the past year since I closed the original Teacher's Desk website that asked about Paragraph a Week (PaW). I probably could've paid for my license renewal that is coming up at the end of this school year. Some of the emails were teachers desperate for a prompt that was needed for a lesson. Some were not so pleasant, one even to the point of threatening me with a lawsuit. While still others wished me well with my endeavor to "publish" the program and offer it on Teachers Pay Teachers.

Paragraph a Week is still available... if you know where to look. HINT: Check out the blog post below, the one about the life-saving website, dated February 20, 2013. It's tucked away in the Lesson Plans drawer, in the Writing File.

I have been working on Paragraph a Week during this past year, coming up with a fresh user-friendly format. I'm only about a tenth of the way through the extensive warehouse of prompts. At last count there were over 100, many original to me, many submitted to The Desk by visitors, and many created by the 5/6 Connection user group! It is my plan to finalize the program and offer it in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store sometime during the summer of 2013.

Until then, I'll periodically post a prompt for you to read, use, or comment upon. The first, not actually a paragraph assignment, is for St. Patrick's Day and features a story starter. You can download the file HERE or by clicking on the link below the picture. Erin go bragh!



Graphics From the Pond 

Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6
teachersdesk@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!