Image Map

October 25, 2014

Five for Friday on a Saturday

Well, it's already Saturday... sigh!


FIRST... It is a gorgeous fall day in NE Ohio: Sunshine, leaves floating downward, a gentle breeze, kids playing in leaf piles, and a lonesome train whistle in the background.


SECOND...My report cards are DONE, DONE, DONE!!! No photo to go with this event, but who cares?!?!? Right?

THIRD... This past week was National Chemistry Week. We celebrated this SWEET event in our homeroom by experimenting with candy. Using the materials found in the free Chemistry Week booklet,


 we tested and analyzed sweet and sour candies that our parents donated, discovering which contain an acid and which do not.


Of course, we got to taste test the materials as well!

FOURTH... Halloween is at the end of this school week. If you haven't found some fun learning activities to accompany this holiday yet, be sure to attend my Halloween party. You'll find great teaching materials there for all grade levels.



FIFTH... My birthday is this Sunday! To celebrate I'm throwing a one day sale (Oct. 26, 2014) in my TpT store. EVERYTHING is 20% off (I wish I could take 20% off of my age).


Be sure to stop by Doodle Bugs for Teaching for more Five for Friday blog posts. It's always fun reading about what teacher bloggers are doing.



5 comments:

  1. What a fun experiment with the candy! Those are the kids of things I miss teaching little ones. Happy early Birthday! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Thanks for the sale. It was a great opportunity for me to get more Scoot games and Zap games. These games are a great review for my students, and they LOVE playing them, so this was perfect. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Friend! How kind of you to give US the gift!! :)

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog to accept it :)http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!