Image Map

April 14, 2013

Earth Day FREEBIE Writing Prompt

There have been MANY wonderful Earth Day ideas and activities posted for sale and offered for free on all the blogs that I frequent... and I frequent A LOT! I am astounded by the variety. From poetry to math and research to craftivity all are terrific!

Because Earth Day falls during our testing time this year, I won't be doing much with my sixers. Heck, I won't see them much except for testing that whole week!!! I will be doing some combined Science (we're studying alternate forms of energy, renewable/non-renewable energy sources) and some Persuasive Letter Writing, however. The activity is part of my Paragraph a Week program that I've blogged about previously. Of the original 100 PaW topics (approx.) I have about 30 reformatted. I'm estimating a completion date of late summer 2013... I hope! Until then I'll share a few of the topics.

If you're interested in the Earth Day prompt, it can be downloaded HERE or by clicking the link below the graphic.


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
http://www.classroomfreebies.com/2013/04/welcome-to-manic-monday-at-classroom_15.html


Happy Earth Day,
Happy Teaching,
Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie!!! :)

    I have yet to teach persuasive writing to my 5th graders-I know, I know. :)

    P.S. I am going to try for the first time to put my hyperlink below. :) May not work!

    Shannon
    I Run Read Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Shannon! Isn't it fun learning new things about blogging and web pages? After almost twenty years of inter-netting I still get excited!

    Have a great week, my bloggy friend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!